Testimonial

I'm a working mom who loves to cook. I don't subscribe to any diet fads and we don't have dietary restrictions in our house. We just love healthy, home-cooked, from-scratch food.

To say I'm addicted to recipes is an understatement. I can sit and read a cookbook like you read a novel. Magazines with recipes litter my desk and counter tops. Even if I cooked a new recipe every week, it'd be years before I got through them all. So ... I'm going to give it a try.

What you'll find in my blog is a record of the recipe I try each week and my opinion of the recipe - was it easy, how much time did it take, did my daughter like it, was it cheap and other thoughts.

Happy cooking!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Tip: Olive Oil

I don't buy those aerosole oil spray cans because frankly I don't trust what is inside.  Sure it says olive oil, but I need to see it.  Instead, buy a big, big bottle of olive oil and pour into a spray bottle.  A cheap hand squirt one works just fine.  Or you can spend a little more and get a pump-action spray bottle.  The upside to the pump action is you can spray at any angle; with the hand squirt you have to hold up the pan and spray straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment