Testimonial

I'm a working mom who loves to cook. I don't subscribe to any diet fads and we don't have dietary restrictions in our house. We just love healthy, home-cooked, from-scratch food.

To say I'm addicted to recipes is an understatement. I can sit and read a cookbook like you read a novel. Magazines with recipes litter my desk and counter tops. Even if I cooked a new recipe every week, it'd be years before I got through them all. So ... I'm going to give it a try.

What you'll find in my blog is a record of the recipe I try each week and my opinion of the recipe - was it easy, how much time did it take, did my daughter like it, was it cheap and other thoughts.

Happy cooking!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tip: Getting Organized

If you have bizzillions of clipped recipes, like I do, then organization is key to staying sane.  Today I took the stack of recipes from my desk and
1)  divided into topics - dinner, sides, breakfast, desserts, drinks and snacks
2)  slid two sheets into protective sleeves
3)  put all into a 3-ring binder with dividers

This is my third 3-ring binder of clipped recipes.  And I went through two magazines today and tore out a few more.  So, maybe "staying sane" is a loosing battle for me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment